- This event has passed.
Girls Write Now Graduation Gala
June 12, 2020–6:00 pm EDT
Tune in on Facebook or here today at 6 p.m. EST to watch the show.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.tfaforms.com/4830423″ text=” Reserve Your Spot for the Graduation Gala ” ]
Please give to the next generation of writers. Every single donation directly supports Girls Write Now’s initiative to ensure that New York City’s young women and gender-nonconforming youth have free programming all summer long.
• Become a Girls Write Now Circle Member—and join the live Pre-Show and Q&A with Tayari Jones and our mentee performers!
• Learn about Becoming a Corporate Partner Agent of Change
Join us Friday, June 12th, @6PM EST for the culmination of our Graduation Week: a virtual Graduation Gala celebrating the class of 2020! As we look to the future, we find ourselves asking “Where do we go from here?”. Our mentees may face an uncertain future—in this moment, we all do—but we know they’ll meet it with confidence, resilience, and the lifelong support of the Girls Write Now community.
The show, hosted by co-emcees Mira Jacob, author of Good Talk and Romaissaa Benzizoune, a Girls Write Now mentee alum and recent NYU graduate, will include:
• a headline commencement speech from Girls Write Now’s Honorary Board Member Tayari Jones, bestselling author of An American Marriage
• a stellar lineup of special guests including Isabel Allende, Rachel Bloom, Rachel Cargle, Veronica Chambers, Tiffany D Cross, Roxane Gay, Alexis Pauline Gumbs, Abbi Jacobson, Jodi Kantor, Rupi Kaur, Lily King, Min Jin Lee, Emma Roberts + Karah Priess, Jia Tolentino, Reneé Watson, and more.
• moving performances of original work by our senior mentees
• a heartwarming evening full of hope for everyone who tunes in!
Please also join us for our special Girls Write Now Live minisodes in honor of Graduation Week on June 9th, June 10th, and June 11th.
Presented by the Girls Write Now Circle and our Agents of Change Corporate Partners. All Girls Write Now Circle members and Agents of Change have pre-reserved spots for this event.
Learn more about Girls Write Now’s response to COVID-19 and our historic transformation to online programming.
Girls Write Now’s Graduation Week special episodes are dedicated to those who have lost their lives to racial violence. Girls Write Now stands in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.