A community-driven creative expression our award-winning print anthologies and beloved spring performance series.
Here, you can explore hundreds of new stories—sorting the work by its Medium/Genre, Topic or Tone to discover pieces that excite, inspire and show off just how incredible this community of creators is.
Readers will be able to filter hundreds of multimedia works by medium/genre, topic and tone
We’ll continue to build out our extensive archive of published work, spanning all the way back to 1998!
This content captures the collective stories of generations of diverse young writers
Hi mentees and mentors!
Announcing the development of a new multi-genre, multimedia publishing platform and media brand, fusing programming and publication, or process and product, to:
- Feature the work of emerging young artists front and center, fueled by a sophisticated database that will draw in the user in specific and unexpected ways while breaking down the artificial barrier between print and digital, creative and critical, and all of the other labels we rely on
- Engage the user in the experience of creating art through live workshops, salons, and events, as well as access to the raw curriculum
- Showcase the relationships (both mentor pairs and the larger community) behind the art, dispelling the myth of writing as a solitary act
- Be fully integrated with the curriculum—youth learn not just the skills of writing and art-making but the adjacent skills necessary to get work out into the world—editing, design, curation, marketing, branding and more. As a result, the Girls Write Now platform will be a thoroughly youth-driven site inside and out. The girls’ portfolios will be integrated seamlessly into site architecture, showcasing mentees’ own individual stories and collectively representing the story of their generation
- Directly demonstrate the connection between art and industry by not only building and utilizing marketable skills but by facilitating networking with the companies that hire for these skills. The site becomes a hub and marketplace for artists and industries to meet, a direct pipeline to diversify companies in need of new talent and points of view