In 2015 alone, Girls Write Now was featured in Vogue UK, New York Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Huffington Post, NBC New York, ABC News, The New York Times, Ivanka Trump, New York Nonprofit Media, and Dame Magazine. Below we have listed some of our favorites but for a full list check out our 2015 Media Mentions.
- NBC New York, March 13, 2015: In honor of Women’s History Month, Maya Nussbaum, Founder & Executive Director, and Xianle Lin and Elena Perez, a mentee-mentor pair in our Digital Media Mentoring Program sat down with WNBC New York to discuss the impact of our mentoring programs.
- New York Magazine, May 29, 2015: New York Magazine featured Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s speech at the 2015 Girls Write Now Awards where she advised young girls to “Forget Likability”.
- New York Nonprofit Media, September 15, 2015: NYN Media declared Girls Write Now ‘Agency of the Month’ in September and profiled the work of our mentors, mentees, and staff.
This year our girls’ original writing was published on a range of prestigious platforms including Huffington Post, Chime for Change, Teen Voices, the Toast, and AOL/Cambio.
- AOL/Cambio, June 15, 2015: “Girl Writes Open Letters to Fictional Characters for a Triple Dose of Awesome” By Rachel Zhao
- Teen Voices, July 22, 2015: “Autism is Capability for Teen, Not Disability” By Charlene Vasquez
- AOL/Cambio, August 12, 2015: “Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: ‘Likability is Bullshit'” By Thasfia Chowdhury
- Teen Voices, August 19, 2015: “Teen’s Journey of Acceptance More Than Skin Deep” By Rachel Aghanwa
- The Toast, September 9, 2015: “A Letter to Rora” by Jennifer Lee
- Chime for Change, October 1, 2015: “Giving Girls a Voice” featuring Danni Green and Seanna Viechweg
- Teen Voices, October 21, 2015: “A Daughter’s Love of Her Father Cannot Be Locked Up” by Ashley Christie