Girls Write Now mentors are professional women and gender-expansive adults who rely on strong writing skills in their professions across a wide range of industries. Mentors work with mentees in a structured one-to-one relationship on set curriculum to produce original writing and hone college and career readiness skills with guidance from Girls Write Now staff and community. We welcome all candidates who are girls, women, or gender expansive.
5 Reasons to Be a
Girls Write Now Mentor
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a girl or gender-expansive youth, exploring and expanding your creative potentials together—often over a lifetime.
- Attend writing workshops led by expert teaching artists in a range of genres, media and writing-related industries and an exciting lineup of other events—free of cost!
- Receive Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training and ample support from compassionate and knowledgeable staff as you build your mentoring relationship.
- Access exclusive opportunities (internships, jobs, networking events, calls for submissions, etc.) with companies across industries, from publishing to entertainment to finance and beyond.
- Meet a diverse, multi-generational, talented community of writers, leaders, artists and activists with endless opportunities for friendship, networking and professional development support.
MEET OUR MULTIGENERATIONAL COMMUNITY OF WRITERS & CREATORS
Explore Our Writing & Mentoring Programs
DIGITAL MEDIA 101
Writing 360 is our flagship program—a yearlong intensive mentorship designed to grow communication skills & community.
& DIGITAL MEDIA
The new Publishing 360 program further emphasizes creative collaboration through editorial experience & takes multimedia production skills to the next level.
Professional Development Writing
Writing Works is a workforce development program that creates a win-win for emerging writers & the organizations in need of their talent.
Want to Be a Part of the Movement?
Together, we are mentoring the next generation of creative thinkers and leaders. Complete our Inquiry Form to be notified when enrollment for the 2022–23 program year opens and get all the most exciting updates sent to your inbox!
When our writers share their stories, they have the power to change minds, heal communities and impact the world. We’re immensely proud to be a platform for this urgent and important work via our annual anthology and our new digital media brand.
WRITING SALONS + WORKSHOPS
As one mentor put it, Girls Write Now events are “the cure for writer’s block.” Even virtually, our spaces are welcoming, inspiring and supportive. Experience the magic for yourself at one of our Friday Night Salons—they’re open to the public!
CREATIVE + CAREER RESOURCES
Write with us 24/7 with on-demand workshops, an extensive archive of writing prompts, and more! On the career front, our community has exclusive access to curated lists of internship, scholarship and job opportunities and much more.
This service is currently community-facing only. Stay tuned!