Girls Write Now mentors are professional women-identifying, trans* and gender-expansive adults who rely on strong writing skills in their professions across a wide range of industries. Mentors work with mentees in a structured one-to-one relationship on set curriculum to produce original writing and hone college and career readiness skills with guidance from the Girls Write Now team and community.
5 Reasons to Be a
Girls Write Now Mentor
In all of our programs, you will…
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a woman-identifying, trans* or gender-expansive young adult, exploring and expanding your creative potentials together—often over a lifetime!
- Expand and diversify your writing, communication and digital skills through comprehensive curricula that centers wellness and channels storytelling into change.
- Receive professional development training and compassionate support from knowledgeable staff, expert advisors and seasoned mentors—including guidance around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, mental health and mentoring.
- Develop your professional networks and access job, internship and writing opportunities, including connecting with companies across industries, from publishing to entertainment to finance and beyond.
- Make friends, grow and create in community with hundreds of folks who are passionate about writing and making change just like you.
Get to Know Our Writing & Mentoring Programs
All Girls Write Now yearlong programs foster holistic one-to-one writing relationships between mentors (age 25+) and mentees (14-24) who are woman-identifying, trans* and gender-expansive—and from around the nation.
Writing 360 is is designed to grow multi-genre, multimedia writing skills and communication prowess, while mentors and mentees exercise their authentic voices and share their stories with the world.
Writing Works is our college and career readiness program geared to equip young adults and early-career professionals with the skills to succeed while fostering professional and personal connections.
Publishing 360 invites community members who have completed at least one year of a Girls Write Now program to work on an editorial team and level up their digital production skills with expert support.
Meet Our Multigenerational Community of Mentors & Explore Their Author Pages
In the Girls Write Now Community, You’ll Have Access to…
Creative & College/Career RESOURCES
In our digital Community Hub, you’ll get access to a library of writing prompts, editing tips and more! We also share numerous scholarship, internship and job opportunities from our vast network across industries.