Girls Write Now mentors are professional cis women, transgender men and women, non-binary, 2Spirit, genderqueer, and other gender expansive adults from around the nation who rely on strong writing skills in their professions across a wide range of industries. Mentors work with mentees in a structured one-to-one relationship on set curriculum to produce multi-genre, multimedia writing, develop leadership projects, and hone college and career readiness skills with guidance from the Girls Write Now team and community.
5 Reasons to Be a
Girls Write Now Mentor
As a part of the Girls Write Now Collaboratory, mentors will…
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a cis women, transgender men and women, non-binary, 2Spirit, genderqueer, or other gender expansive young adult, exploring and expanding your creative potential together—often over a lifetime!
- Expand and diversify your writing, communication and digital skills through comprehensive curricula that centers wellness and channels storytelling into change.
- Receive professional development training and compassionate support from knowledgeable staff, expert advisors and seasoned mentors—including guidance around Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, mental health, and mentoring.
- Develop your professional networks and access job, internship and writing opportunities, including connecting with companies across industries, from publishing to entertainment to finance and beyond.
- Make friends, grow and create in community with thousands of folks who are passionate about writing and making change just like you.
Meet Our Multigenerational Community of Mentors & Explore Their Author Pages
In the Girls Write Now Community, You’ll Have Access to…
Creative & College/Career RESOURCES
In our digital Community Hub, you’ll get access to a library of writing prompts, editing tips and more! We also share numerous scholarship, internship and job opportunities from our vast network across industries.