Girls Write Now mentees are woman-identifying, trans* and gender-expansive young adults in high school, college and beyond who are passionate about learning and growing as writers, communicators and professionals.
5 Reasons to Be a
Girls Write Now Mentee
As a part of the Girls Write Now Collaboratory, mentees will…
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a woman-identifying, trans* or gender-expansive professional, exploring and expanding your creative potentials together—often over a lifetime!
- Build writing, communication and digital skills through comprehensive curricula that centers wellness and channels storytelling into change.
- Share your story—publish and perform your original work for the community and for thousands of readers around the globe.
- Receive support applying for schools, scholarships, jobs, internships, publication, awards and beyond! We place mentees at jobs and internships across industries from publishing, entertainment, finance, beauty and more.
- Make friends, grow and create in community with hundreds of folks who are passionate about writing and making change just like you.
Meet Our Mentee Community & Explore Their Author Pages
In the Girls Write Now Community, You’ll Have Access to…
Creative & College/Career RESOURCES
In our digital Community Hub, you’ll get access to a library of writing prompts, editing tips and more! We also share numerous scholarship, internship and job opportunities from our vast network across industries.