Girls Write Now mentees are woman-identifying, trans* and gender-expansive young adults in high school, college and beyond who are passionate about learning and growing as writers, communicators and professionals.
5 Reasons to Be a
Girls Write Now Mentee
As a part of the Girls Write Now Collaboratory, mentees will…
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a woman-identifying, trans* or gender-expansive professional, exploring and expanding your creative potentials together—often over a lifetime!
- Build writing, communication and digital skills through comprehensive curricula that centers wellness and channels storytelling into change.
- Share your story—publish and perform your original work for the community and for thousands of readers around the globe.
- Receive support applying for schools, scholarships, jobs, internships, publication, awards and beyond! We place mentees at jobs and internships across industries from publishing, entertainment, finance, beauty and more.
- Make friends, grow and create in community with hundreds of folks who are passionate about writing and making change just like you.
Meet Our Mentee Community & Explore Their Author Pages
In the Girls Write Now Community, You’ll Have Access to…
PUBLICATION & PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES
Amplifying voices is the heart of our mission, so every community member has an Author Page on our site! Mentees will also have opportunities to show off their best work in our annual anthology and performance series.
Exciting events with STAR-POWERED SPEAKERS
We bring in expert storytellers and media makers as teaching artists and make space for mentees to chat with mega-mentors like Shonda Rhimes, Roxane Gay, Allison Davis and more celebrated champions of our mission.
Creative & College/Career RESOURCES
In our digital Community Hub, you’ll get access to a library of writing prompts, editing tips and more! We also share numerous scholarship, internship and job opportunities from our vast network across industries.