Girls Write Now mentees are girls or gender-expansive individuals in high school, college and beyond. They are native or non-native English speakers with proficient English writing and speaking skills, and passionate about learning and growing as writers, communicators and professionals. Be a part of our community and work with a dedicated mentor by your side! We welcome all candidates who are girls, women or gender-expansive.
5 Reasons to Be a
Girls Write Now Mentee
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a woman or gender-expansive professional, exploring and expanding your creative potentials together—often over a lifetime!
- Mentees perform and publish original work in our award-winning anthology, on Stories by Girls Write Now and in national media outlets like Teen Vogue and the New York Times—sharing their voices with thousands of viewers around the globe.
- We support you in applying for writing awards, publications, scholarships, colleges and beyond. In fact, 100% of senior mentees go on to college—Harvard, Howard, Hunter and many more.
- We place mentees at jobs and internships across industries from publishing to entertainment to media and beyond.
- Make friends, grow and create in community with hundreds of folks who are passionate about writing and making change just like you.
Explore Our Writing & Mentoring Programs
DIGITAL MEDIA 101
Writing 360 is our flagship program—a yearlong intensive mentorship designed to grow communication skills & community.
& DIGITAL MEDIA
The new Publishing 360 program further emphasizes creative collaboration through editorial experience & takes multimedia production skills to the next level.
Professional Development Writing
Writing Works is a workforce development program that creates a win-win for emerging writers & the organizations in need of their talent.
Want to Be Part of the Movement?
Girls Write Now is a dynamic, multi-generational community of writers on a mission and we’d love to have you join us. Sign up to be the first to find out when enrollment opens up for our next program year!
When our writers share their stories, they have the power to change minds, heal communities and impact the world. We’re immensely proud to be a platform for this urgent and important work via our annual anthology and our new digital media brand.
WRITING SALONS + WORKSHOPS
As one mentor put it, Girls Write Now events are “the cure for writer’s block.” Even virtually, our spaces are welcoming, inspiring and supportive. Experience the magic for yourself at one of our Friday Night Salons—they’re open to the public!
CREATIVE + CAREER RESOURCES
Write with us 24/7 with on-demand workshops, an extensive archive of writing prompts, and more! On the career front, our community has exclusive access to curated lists of internship, scholarship and job opportunities and much more.