Girls Write Now mentees are woman-identifying, trans* and gender-expansive young adults in high school, college and beyond who are passionate about learning and growing as writers, communicators and professionals.
5 Reasons to Be a
Girls Write Now Mentee
In each of our programs, mentees will…
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a woman-identifying, trans* or gender-expansive professional, exploring and expanding your creative potentials together—often over a lifetime!
- Build writing, communication and digital skills through comprehensive curricula that centers wellness and channels storytelling into change.
- Share your story—publish and perform your original work for the community and for thousands of readers around the globe.
- Receive support applying for schools, scholarships, jobs, internships, publication, awards and beyond! We place mentees at jobs and internships across industries from publishing, entertainment, finance, beauty and more.
- Make friends, grow and create in community with hundreds of folks who are passionate about writing and making change just like you.
MENTEE AppliCATIONS FOR THE 2022-23 Program Year ARE OPEN!
✔️ I identify as a woman, trans* or as gender-expansive.
✔️ I’m between 14–24 years old (and will be in 9th grade or above at the start of the 2022-23 school year)
✔️ I live, work or attend school in the United States.
✔️ I’m excited to challenge myself creatively and be part of an inspiring community!
Get to Know Our Writing & Mentoring Programs
All Girls Write Now yearlong programs foster holistic one-to-one writing relationships between mentors (age 25+) and mentees (14-24) who are woman-identifying, trans* and gender-expansive—and from around the nation.
Writing 360 is is designed to grow multi-genre, multimedia writing skills and communication prowess, while mentors and mentees exercise their authentic voices and share their stories with the world.
Writing Works is our college and career readiness program geared to equip young adults and early-career professionals with the skills to succeed while fostering professional and personal connections.
Publishing 360 invites community members who have completed at least one year of a Girls Write Now program to work on an editorial team and level up their digital production skills with expert support.
Meet Our Mentee Community & Explore Their Author Pages
In the Girls Write Now Community, You’ll Have Access to…
Creative & College/Career RESOURCES
In our digital Community Hub, you’ll get access to a library of writing prompts, editing tips and more! We also share numerous scholarship, internship and job opportunities from our vast network across industries.