It’s time to celebrate the launch of our 2022 anthology with Taking Root–themed mocktails! Whip up one of these delicious drinks for our launch party on May 20 and help us toast the newest Girls Write Now anthology.
Taking Root Tonic
1 tbsp sugar
small bunch mint
3 limes, juiced
soda water or ginger ale
1. Muddle the sugar with leaves from the mint using a pestle and mortar (or use a small bowl and the end of a rolling pin).
2. Put a handful of crushed ice into 2 tall glasses. Divide the lime juice between the glasses with the mint mix. Add a straw and top up with soda water.
Mentees Bees Knees
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp honey syrup (dissolve honey in hot water)
top with soda of choice
1. Add the lemon juice, honey syrup and raspberries to a cocktail shaker.
2. Crush the raspberries into a juice using a muddler.
3. Add ice and shake.
4. Strain into a glass and top with soda water.
1 1/2 cups unsweetened frozen pineapple chunks
1/4 cup ice
3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
Fresh pineapple wedges, garnish
Maraschino cherries, garnish
1. Puree pineapple chunks, ice, pineapple juice, coconut milk and brown sugar in a blender until smooth.
2. Garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries.