We here at Girls Write Now are big believers in the power of writing to take you to where you’re going — and beyond. That’s why we pair writing with mentoring, with digital media education, and with college prep.
This fall, our events and workshops have run the gamut, from audio journalism to romance fiction to college essay-writing 101. We’ve heard questions ranging from What was the first music you bought or downloaded? to How important are the SATs? and What role does the truth play in memoir?
As we look ahead to the new year, we’re already reminiscing about the fall. Join us! Our mentors, mentees, and expert volunteers and writers want to share their experiences with you.
- Visit the Music Memoir Writing workshop, where second-year mentee Bushra experienced excitement, nostalgia, and inspiration within a few short hours.
- What’s it like to teach your craft to a room full of eager writers and teens? Guest Craft Talk Author Courtney E. Smith thinks again about writing and sharing her memories.
- Next, visit the Girls College Bound Informational Seminar, where girls from all over New York City got the details on how to get to college and what it’s like once you’re there. College Prep Panelist Amanda Lorencz shares her side of the day.
- Finally, get your groove on at the Audio Music Memoir Workshop with Digital Media Mentor Ella, who saw for herself what made up the soundtracks of our lives.
- Plus: earlier this fall, our girls and mentors got to know the program and each other at Training and Orientation.