Girls Write Now is in the news! Founder and Executive Director, Maya Nussbaum, was featured in a Marc Fisher campaign highlighting leaders who are making a difference, including Karlie Kloss whose own campaign, Kode with Karlie, has been a success in helping young women learn how to code.
Also in the press, our girls’ work was chosen by author Roxane Gay who featured mentee, Jennifer Lee’s work in The Toast. We also saw our mentees work published in AOL Cambio Col[lab] and Teen Voices/Women’s eNews. We had stories written about our organization in Dame Magazine, New York Nonprofit Media, and the Nonprofit Excellence Awards Blog. Finally, three of our mentees wrote a segment for Fusion’s late night show Come Here and Say That with Alicia Menendez.
To learn more check out the stories below:
Published Stories from our Mentees:
- AOL Cambio Col[lab]: “Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: ‘Likability Is Bullshit'” by mentee Thasfia Chowdhury
- AOL Cambio Col[lab]: “Girl Writes Open Letters to Fictional Characters for a Triple Dose of Awesome” by mentee Rachel Zhao
- The Toast: “A Letter to Rora” by mentee Jennifer Lee
- Teen Voices: “Autism is Capability for Teen, not Disability” by mentee Charlene Vasquez
- Teen Voices: “Teen’s Journey of Acceptance More Than Skin Deep” by mentee Rachel Aghanwa
Published stories featuring Girls Write Now:
- New York Magazine: “See a Karlie Kloss Campaign About Coding”
- Fashion Week: “Karlie Kloss and Marc Fisher partner for campaign supporting Kode With Karlie”
- Dame Magazine: “Where Are All the Female Mentors”
- Fusion: “Come Here and Say That and Girls Write Now partner for incredible show experience”
- Nonprofit Excellence Awards “Reflections from a Semifinalist: Girls Write Now”
- New York Nonprofit Media: “Girls Write Now – Agency of the Month”