Now, more than ever, is the time to champion girls and their stories. Girls Write Now is thrilled to invite you to join us online for our 2014 Holiday Appeal!
It’s incredibly easy (and safe) to #GiveWriteNow and raise money for Girls Write Now with FirstGiving – and you can help us reach our goal of $100,000 by December 31, 2014!
Feed your passion for our mission by creating a fundraising page now. We’re offering a special gift to the person who raises the most through their online FirstGiving page by December 31st!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. START! Head on over to FirstGiving. Click the green ‘FUNDRAISE’ button to create an account or log in to your existing account.
2. JOIN A TEAM AND CREATE YOUR PAGE Your friends want to hear from YOU, so this is your time to shine! Talk about your relationship with your mentee, or why Girls Write Now inspires you – just be you, and people will respond.
- Select a team to join: ex) Board of Directors, Mentors, Mentor Alum, etc. If none of them apply, go ahead and use “Friends of GWN!”
- Set your page title: ex) Marissa’s Holiday Appeal! or Support My Mentee.
- Select an image: Pick one from our Facebook page. Current and recent mentors can contact Katie for your pair photo.
- Fill in your letter: Feel free to pick and choose content from the campaign main page or write your own inspirational letter. Make it your own!
- Set a fundraising goal: Pick a target that’s a stretch, but not impossible. The typical page raises $500, so aim for something appropriate and aspirational.
- Customize your thank you message: FirstGiving has a default thank you but it’s a good idea to write and personalize your own – you can edit it on the next page.
3. SHARE There’s lots of ways you can share your page with friends!
- Email: Upload your contacts’ emails to FirstGiving and send it to them directly! Or, you can send an email to your contacts through your own email account. Just make sure you provide the link to your page (everyone forgets that detail!).
- Facebook: To share on Facebook, click the “Like” button on your live fundraising page and it will show up on your wall.
- Tweets, Tumbls, Pins, Posts and more: Share on whatever social media you dig—Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr… be creative! First Giving offers “widgets” to share your appeal on your blog or website – check them out!
4. UPDATE Keep your friends updated about your progress towards your goal, and feel free to reach out to everyone again in mid-to-late December. As 12/31 approaches, people get excited and want to help you meet your goal.
5. THANK At the end of the campaign, Girls Write Now officially thanks all donors, but we recommend you also send a quick email to everyone to thank them for supporting your efforts. Let them know whether you reached or exceeded your goal – they’ll be happy to hear how they helped!
Any questions? Need help? Get in touch with us. Call 212-336-9330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org