Thank you to all who entered!
Girls Write Now is thrilled to team up with Agent of Change Partner Meredith Corporation on an amazing opportunity to be published in Real Simple magazine!
The My Simple Realization essay contest is part of Meredith’s ongoing participation in SeeHer, an initiative whose mission is to increase more inclusive representation of women and girls in media.
TO QUALIFY, YOUR ESSAY MUST…
- Be a nonfiction personal essay
- Be between 400-600 words in length
- NOT have been previously published in any medium
- NOT have been recognized with any prior awards
- Be submitted as a Google Doc via the form below before 11:50PM ET on November 8, 2021
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO…
Girls and gender-expansive young adults who are mentees or mentee alum of Girls Write Now aged 25 or under
Grand Prize Eligibility:
Girls Write Now mentees or mentee alum aged 21 and under at the time of submission
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER
AGED 21 & UNDER WILL…
- Receive a payment of $500
- Work with Real Simple editors to edit your essay
- Have it published in the March 2022 issue of Real Simple for 6.2 million readers to see!
10-15 MORE WINNERS AGED 25 & UNDER WILL…
- Be published in a special featured section of the Girls Write Now site!
My Simple Realization Essay Contest Entry Form
This contest closes at 11:50PM ET on November 8, 2021.