Update: This contest is now closed. After careful consideration, five mentees are finalists in Scholastic’s My Life With… Essay Contest. Stay tuned to find out who will be published in Choices Magazine and have their essay distributed in hundreds of classrooms across the country!
Girls Write Now is teaming up with Agent of Change Partner Scholastic for a personal essay contest with a $500 cash prize!
TO QUALIFY, YOUR ESSAY MUST…
- Be a nonfiction personal essay
- Be between 700-1,000 words in length
- NOT have been previously published in any medium
- NOT have been recognized with any prior awards
- Be submitted as a Google Doc via the form on this page before 11:59 PM ET on Sunday, June 12, 2022
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO…
Girls and gender-expansive young adults who are mentees or mentee alum of Girls Write Now aged 21 or under
A NOTE ON THE PROMPT:
Think about audience. The majority of Choices readers are in the 6th-9th grade. The essay should be appropriate for a younger audience in language, tone, and content.
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER
AGED 21 & UNDER WILL…
- Be published in Choices magazine, either print or digital
- Win a $500 cash prize
4 MORE HONORABLE MENTIONS AGED 21 & UNDER WILL…
- Be published in a special featured section of the Girls Write Now site!
Essay Contest Entry Form
This contest is now closed.