Thank you so very much for your generosity during our 2015 Holiday Appeal.
We set an ambitious year-end fundraising goal of $100,000. And thanks to our amazing community, including more than 500 donors, we surpassed it to raise over $125,000!
This positions us to roll out our intensive three-year strategic plan, doubling the number of girls we mentor, and enriching and extending our college prep and alumnae services into an innovative new model to further support our girls in college, career, and beyond.
Girls Write Now has worked for nearly two decades to empower young women as writers, creative leaders, and global citizens. With your support, we are continuing to build on 2015 accomplishments like these:
- For the second year running, Girls Write Now was distinguished by the Nonprofit Excellence Awards as one of NYC’s top ten nonprofits and by the NYC Council’s STARS Citywide Girls Initiative as a vital youth development program for girls.
- Mentees performed at Lincoln Center and the United Nations and published original work in Newsweek, Elle India, and our award-winning anthology.
- We amplified the voices of the girls we serve through publication partnerships with One Teen Story, Fusion, Women’s E-News, and AOL Cambio/Huffington Post.
- Our third annual Girls Write Now Awards Gala was the most successful yet, with honorees Juju Chang, co-anchor of ABC News Nightline, Pamela Paul, Editor of the New York Times Book Review, and national bestselling author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s inspirational call for girls and women to “forget likability” going viral.
- 100% of our senior mentees graduated high school and went on to college, and nearly half of our recent graduating cohort earned scholarships to support their education at universities such as Dartmouth, Columbia, and New York University.
You are part of our story. Thank you.
Girls Write Now Founder and Executive Director